Sunday, January 07, 2007

It's a been a super busy week at work and I've had headaches and an achy back all week - I don't know if it's stress, or I'm out of shape or both. So I'm trying to get more excercise to see if that helps both issues.

It's been very rainy and windy here and that's lead to fitfull sleeps, wet dogs and general grumpiness. We even had snow on Thursday! Vancouver is getting hit with lots of crappy weather, and Toronto is laughing at us - they're walking around in 13 degree weather - that's our weather! And, on Friday, the dome of BC Place Stadium came down - that's a shocker for us, and a big change to our sightlines and the city. Yikes! I'm just so glad there wasn't an event inside.

WIPs: I've got rust colour crochet bear started, a pale green lace shawl and for the fourth time, I'm trying to make a rug with a very coarse cobalt blue yarn. I tried 2 times with crochet - but I don't have a hook large enough. I tried once with a 15mm pair of knitting needles but that was too big. Now I'm trying a pair of 10mm knitting needles and I think it's working. JP and the kid did have fun ripping it out though - so all was not wasted.

We had the kid all week as school doesn't start until the 8th. That's not a big deal in some ways because I was working, but it's still a change to my routine and an extra body in the house - so I am glad to get back to 'normal' life. We took him home yesterday, so I'll finally take down the Christmas tree and other decorations today. It's a very windy day anyway.

It's the perfect blustery Winnie-the-Pooh day, and I think I'm playing the role of Eeyore.

No comments: