Friday, July 13, 2007

Bracelets at Tiffany's

On Sunday, JP said we had to go downtown. I didn't want to go because I was tired and we had gotten home so late the night before. I whined and complained and slept in the car, and then whined that I needed a drink so he pulled into the nearest drive-thru to get me some fries and a drink. I did quiet down after that and felt bad for being so bratty. He put the car in a parkade and told me to go to Chapters until he phoned me. He took off in another direction. So I browsed and found a couple of books and a couple of magazines and then he phoned me and told me to meet him at the lounge in the Fairmont Hotel. I had no idea why. So I paid for my books and hurried down the street to the hotel.

In the lounge he was sitting in at a corner table, with a G & T for each of us. I sat down, not knowing what this was all about. After a few minutes, the hostess pulled a Tiffany & Co bag from behind her station and delivered it to us. He gave it to me, his wedding present, and I opened it to find this gorgeous sterling silver bracelet.

There is a heart charm on it that says "Return to Tiffany's" and he promised that every year on our anniversary he will add a hatch mark to it.

Poor guy. If that had been the other way around, I would have turned the car around and not given him the present, if he was as whiny as I was. Extra bonus points for him. And I love my new bracelet!

1 comment:

Cynthia F said...

awwww!!! what a sweetie!!