Monday, February 16, 2009

Tea for me and not for you

Last week when we were in Bellis Fair Mall, we visited a shop called TeaQuent Stops which sells loose teas. I didn't have a lot of time to read all the labels but I thought I was picking all herbal teas. This is very important as I'm not so good with caffeine these days (can you say 'wicked headaches"? I knew you could).

BUT.... I think some of the tea is caffeinated. I mean I know that Buddha's Chai is, but I didn't think the Rooibos Heaven was. So yesterday afternoon after having a late lunch/early dinner at Lou's Grill, I made myself a cup of tea around 6pm and all was fine. I mean, I didn't really fall asleep that quickly but that's pretty common for Sunday nights because I often go back to bed in the morning after letting Jazz out and get a bit more shut eye.

This morning Jazz woke me up at 3:35am and I went back to bed, but I didn't sleep too well. She woke me up again at 5:35 so I could give her breakfast (that was nice of her, wasn't it?) and should've gone back to sleep for another 1/2 hour but I just couldn't. I had such a headache and just didn't feel so well - and I think it's the tea!

When I am laying in bed trying to sleep, sometimes I create beautiful gardens in my mind, with lots of weeping willows and bamboo leaves fluttering in the wind or sometimes I compose my next blog post. I had a really good one last night, I think it was about 'sugar' but I just can't remember it.

That's probably okay because you probably didn't want to spend 5 minutes reading about sugar, although you just spent 5 minutes reading about TEA!

And one more thing.... how come Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario get today off for Family Day and we don't? Aren't BC families important too?

4 comments:

Endako Jo said...

Oh Jeez....Family Day. My stepdaughter Sara works for a company that is based in Ontario. She has had many a fight with them about Family Day. They recognize it as a Stat, but not Remembrance Day. So her office in Vancouver has to work Remembrance Day, but get Family Day off. It upsets her terribly. Touchy subject.

That caffiene is evil stuff. But currently I am addicted. I get a headache if I DON'T drink it.

bodalorna said...

I can so relate on the caffeine problem. I don't tend to get the headaches but can't sleep. Every once in a while I'll purposely have caffeine, thinking maybe this time it won't affect me, and sometimes it doesn't! so it keeps me playing with fire.
I can't believe that Remembrance Day is not acknowledged throughout the rest of the country! Shocking - we wouldn't have a family day without it! :)

Way Out Wear said...

Jo-Ann- the company I work for is based on Toronto too - and they used to make us work on Remembrance Day and tell us if we didn't work then we'd have to work on Boxing Day because it's a stat! I didn't know other companies thought the same way!
I remember years ago one customer in Ontario was so mad that we had Nov 11th off in BC, and felt that Ontario should as well because she said they had more veterans than in BC!
Lorna - I know - sometimes caffeine seems fine and sometimes it's wicked! And that's a good point - no families without Remembrance Day! I agree!

Endako Jo said...

Yes, Boxing Day! That's exactly the argument they gave Sara, too. Before she told me this I just assumed that all of Canada got Remembrance Day. They sure as bloody hell SHOULD. That's outrageous!

And while we're protesting stuff for the government to change....how about abolishing this stupid daylight savings time.