Sunday, April 05, 2009

And so it begins

Today was a beautiful sunny and warm (20 degrees C ) day. And after so many cold and rainy days, 20 feels warm. In another month or two, twenty degrees will feel cold (well at least to me).

So it was time to start the garden clean up today. Sweeping the driveway and the walk to the front door, pruning back the ivy and other plants that have run amok and removing leaves from the flower beds. Oh don't get me wrong, I'm far from being done. Actually, like housework, I really don't think gardening can ever be "done". I put in several hours but I know not to push it, otherwise I'll be sore for too many days and what good would that do me? Besides, according to the forecast, we have 3 more days of this kind of weather coming up so I can continue the clean up. Oh and by the way, yesterday's dog meeting went really well. We love the breed even more! We just have to wait for the dam to come in heat, which is supposed to be any day now. Hurry up and wait!

No comments: