Friday, January 15, 2010

Oprah is the Goal

By now I'm sure you've heard that soon Oprah will stop taping her daily talk show and move on to bigger and better things (of course).

So I ask, What are all those people going to do, who have "be on the Oprah Winfrey show" on their goals list/vision boards/etc? If you've watched her show over the years, I'm sure you've seen and heard many an exuberant guest make that claim - 10 years ago, they put it on their goal list and look, here I am! That kind of thing.

Where can they go now? Even Barbara Walters is limiting her interviews. The Tonight Show is changing, what's left? According to this , maybe sites like YouTube or MySpace or Facebook are the answer.

I'm not talking about scandals - that's easy. Not sex tapes that have catapulted people like Paris Hilton or even Verne Troyer, not Ponzi schemes like Madoff. No, I mean legitimate publicity. What do you think people will consider to be the next 'famous' defining moment? How can one define "they've made it" - without Oprah. Or is that even a concern?

How do you define 'when you've made it"?

No comments: