Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Big Cleanup Continues

Another weekend spent cleaning and removing all sorts of things that have gathered in our house in the past 11 1/2 years - we hauled furniture and bags of things to the carport until I swing by the thrift store later in the week where someone else can store them for a decade or more!

Makes me think of this song:



I wore a pedometer just because I'm a geek - over 14,000 steps taken just for the arranging/declutting.

It was hard getting rid of some of our "collectibles" but JP kept reminding me 'we need our space more than we need this(insert item here)" sigh. I know, they are just things that end up weighing us down, but sometimes it's hard to get rid of them.

Half the living room done, which feels great, but now I've got some piles of things in my room again - after I was doing so good cleaning it out. Sometimes I feel like a rodent, busying myself moving one pile to the next.....

No comments: