Sunday, December 16, 2012

Hurry up and wait

Today I am crocheting some boot toppers (not exactly these ones, but you get the idea)  - which is basically an accessory  that goes around the top of your knee high boot for decoration, so you don't have to necessarily wear a heavy sock in your boot but it looks like you do - kinda like a dickie for your leg (I wonder how many people still wear dickies or for that matter how many know what one is?)

My work in progress:

But I'm in a weird place today because it seems so slow going - it can't be done quick enough. I have so many things I have to do and want to do but can't get them all done. For personal projects and for my little shop.

Perhaps this is because of some recent events -two of which are personal stories of my brother - a friend with inoperable brain tumours is suddenly not able to work and no longer able to take care of his children; my brother's closest friend and business partner just suddenly died last week; my dance instructor was re-ended by a drunk driver at a red light(severe whiplash); a co-worker who's 22 year old daughter who was a busy model and semi-professional volleyball player, lost her battle with cancer just after graduating from university; as well as other tragedies currently on the news - it seems to serve as a reminder that life is very short and we can't delay anything! And I am so far behind.

No, I'm not having a panic attack but I do feel that I need to expedite things. And then it's the holiday season so I'm torn between "hey, relax, it's Christmas" and "there are so many things to do!"
How many batches of cookies do I want to make? and how many kinds? And how many more presents can I afford to buy? And "who did I forget?" And, and, and...

Eeep, are you feeling it as well?
 Any solutions? Suggestions? 

And this song has been going through my head for the past 24 hours:



I was taught this song in elementary school, why did it pop into my head now? Is it a Christmas song as well?

2 comments:

Sultan said...

I think the answer is to give more of yourself but less in the form of things. I think it is often enough to give kind words rather than shiny toys. Strangely, my parents were right after all, and it is the thought that matters.

Way Out Wear said...

Yes that is great advise. Too bad it takes us so many years to appreciate our parents advice..