Saturday, December 08, 2012

On a cold and frosty morning...

This morning it's below freezing and frosty. I went out with Eco at 7:30 for her morning business and it was all very quiet. For about 5 minutes the world was silent. It was amazing. Then a car roared down the road behind my house and the bus can't help but be noisy and then all the magic was gone.

Today I am meeting a friend for brunch, then hoping to pop into a couple of stores for some little gift items, then back home to help a neighbour put up her Christmas lights, then I'll need to walk Eco and then it'll probably be time to start cooking dinner.

This weekend I am rushing to finish making a Christmas present. If I get in several hours of making time tomorrow I should be able to get it done. I want to have everything wrapped and packed and ready for the mail for Monday morning. So anything that doesn't make that deadline isn't going to get done or be included.

How about you? How hard do you push yourself getting in the 'last minute things'? Do you get to take advantage of the last minute sales because all your gifts will be doled out locally or do you have to make a shipping deadline as well?


No comments: