Sunday, July 20, 2014

Saying Goodbye to James Garner

On Saturday evening James Garden was found deceased in his home at 86 years old. I usually don't have much reaction to actors but I am sad to hear his news as he was a family favourite.

Because of his years as a Western actor, my father was fond of him - especially as Maverick.
Because of his years a Jim Rockford, my brother was found of him.
My mother also liked his roles, and, of course his good looks.
I especially liked him after my father passed because he reminded me of my dad, and my dad's fondness of him as an actor.

I can't get through the Jim Garner 'dad' scenes at the end of the movie "The Devine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood" without bawling my eyes out - probably more in memory of my father than for the character in the movie.

I choose to remember him as Rockford:


No comments: